We love make-up and wedding day or event make-up so we turned to our friend Erin Marzilli for some tips on how to create the perfect smokey eye. Erin is also going to share a video with us in two weeks for the tutorial on how to create this look yourself, at home!
So this is the day that most every girl has dreamed about her whole life, her wedding day. Weddings these days are very much like red carpet events and you’re the star…. and I believe you should look and feel like one too! So maybe you are not a bride, who cares! You will still benefit from this post and the post to follow because this bridal makeup application is still beautiful for everyday.
Almost every one of my bridal consultations starts with me asking, “So what do you want” and almost every bride says, “I am very simple… I just want a clean, fresh, light smoky eye, and do you have lashes?”
It may sound hard to put those requests together… but I’ll show you how too. In the meantime, here are my must have products for this look. You can either choose to buy the same exact products or go out and find product alternatives. I suggest between now and the next newsletter you go out and gather you makeup! Have fun, after all – its makeup!
Wedding Makeup Products for a clean, fresh, light Smokey bridal eye w/ Strip Lashes:
I also recommend taking care of your skin leading up to my video tutorial. The better your skin looks, the better your makeup is going to look. Here are some skin care tip and tricks to help your skin looking its best leading up to your bridal makeup application:
- To reduce breakouts, drink hot lemon water first thing in the a.m. It helps to reduce bacteria internally lessening break out activity.
- Makeup does not look good on dry skin because dry / dehydrated skin accentuates skin aging. Another reason to use moisturizer + serums….they plump up wrinkles!
- Make sure you don’t drink alcohol the morning of the wedding because it will cause redness throughout your wedding day that NO makeup will hide.
- Remember to get your facials and waxing done at least 2 weeks before your wedding in case of any breakouts.
- More Water!
- Have fun, don’t stress and remember I am always here to help!
Thank you to Erin for sharing these tips! I know for sure that I love having tutorials as i’m far from being a make-up expert! Please feel free to contact Erin with any questions regarding makeup for your special day.
One Response to “Create the perfect smokey eye”
TrackbacksCheck out what others are saying about this post...
Speak Your Mind
Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!