I just wanted to wish everyone a very, Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart. I hope your holiday is filled with joy, happiness and love. I hope you have lots of family time planned and relaxation too.
The Pink Orange will be closed from today through Sunday, December 26th and opening back up on Monday December 27th.
What better way to celebrate St. Patty’s day tomorrow than with beer, corned beef and cabbage and sweets! I’ll take the beer and sweets, but pass on the corned beef. I have never been a fan. Does that mean i get double servings of beer and sweets?
Here are some yummy recipes for you!
(both recipes are from Bakerella)
1 pkg. Double Stuf Oreos – Cool Mint Flavor – (1 lb. , 1 oz. pkg.)
• use 22 cookies with cream centers included
• use 10 cookies with cream centers discarded
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
chocolate bark or candy coating*
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor or a ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
- Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together completely.
- Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place covered in freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes to help retain shape when dipping in melted chocolate.
- Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
OR… go green
white chocolate bark/candy coating for dipping
green candy melts for dipping
Make your green and/or white shamrocks first (see picture below). You can use a ziploc bag with a small corner cut off or a decorating bag with with a small round tip attached to make the shamrocks. Use a toothpick to direct chocolate into desired shamrock shape. (Of course, in hindsight, this would have been a lot easier if I had found some little shamrock sprinkles.) Let dry.
Then, dip half the truffles in white chocolate and the other half in green.
If necessary, dip them again for a smooth finish. I found it necessary, especially for the white ones.
Then, on the second dipping, while still wet, press your cooled shamrocks gently on the top of your truffles.
For another effect, you can take the ziploc bag of chocolate and drizzle across each truffle with the alternating color.
1 cup Guinness
1 stick, plus 1 tb, unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tb vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
1/3 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350; butter a muffin tin
- Combine the Guinness and the butter, chopped into 1-inch chunks, in a large sauce pan, and heat to melt the butter.
- Whisk in the cocoa and sugar. In a bowl, beat the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla, then add to the beer mixture.
- Whisk in the flour and baking soda. Pour into muffin molds and bake for 25 minutes, or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes, remove from muffin tin, and cool completely on a rack.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth, sift in sugar, and beat. Add milk, and beat until smooth. Spread glaze over cooled cupcakes.
(Note: For the wrappers, you can use stock imagery to print and create your own beer wrapper)